View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #77
longislander

Quote:
Anonymous said...

Blogger, please expound on the "consequences of their action". What do you mean? The majority of the people at the town meeting wanted to vote.
April 4, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Moultonboro Blogger said...

A premeditated move to call the question denied the public the opportunity to have a democratic discussion of the issue and for others to expose the misinformation that was spread about town. Win or lose the vote or whether the majority wanted to vote or not, public discourse was quelled by a well organized group. The people responsible refuse to accept the consequences and fiasco that followed.
April 4, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Someone was allowed to ask a question on the blog, and an opportunity for
quite a response.

I may be repeating myself, but ...

I was the "well organized group" that Called the Question. I had notified the Town Moderator and the BoS, as well earlier, that I would not be submitting an amendment to Article 2, as previously emailed to them. The wife and I had received news, that we might not be able to attend the Town meeting due to unforeseen family issues.

I left the Town Meeting right after I got up, and made the motion to Call the Question, and voted. I was congratulated and thanked by numerous folks on the way out. Folks that I don't know. I noticed, in the parking lot, there were many leaving, as well, having voted.

I had not even premeditated the motion. I had expected to get there, vote and get out.

What happened was, one by one, the BoS started to give (on stage) lengthy, written speeches about why everyone should vote yes. At the third BoS member (of 5) I was standing at the mike ready to end the agony of the audience.

The majority of the audience, obviously, agreed, the motion overwhelmingly passed.

I had no idea it would cause such a "hissy-fit" by our illustrious BoS!

The consequence and fiasco ...????????????? The public prevailed!

The misinformation was/is spread by the blog and its lemmings.