View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 AM   #71
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Not so fast: we agree about the 150' rule being a lifesaver.

We also agree that the NHMP is understaffed, but composed of ready-and-able employees and officers.

We also agree (now) that the night-time speed limit is sensible. That sensibility didn't have to "dawn" on this Floridian

​​​​• Just to set a standard noise parameter for my videos, on Thursday, I videotaped a [known and] particularly rich man in an old Laker. Even when he disappeared out of sight (about 1˝-miles), he was clearly heard on the video.

​​​​• Is it your belief that rich people should be exempt from disturbing the peace of others? Or, to use your phrase, should anyone "be exempt" to disturb the peace in a "State Park"?

​​​​• BTW: Only automobile horns and gunshots are louder than what's allowed under the Trojan Horse law.

​​​​• I have hand-built three boats—two of them hydroplanes.

​​​​• You?

​​​​• For those unfamiliar with "chine-walking", here's a short YouTube simulation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKTXxzPPMo0

​​​​• If you could think of the worst models of boats that chine-walk, would you skip Donzi?

​​​​• A Donzi 26ZX story from the Web:

There are so many pontoon boats cruising, skiing, tubing, and sight-seeing around here I've asked a neighbor to identify theirs with a flag, so his pontoon boat flies the flag of The Miami Dolphins. I told him "You're not safe on Lake Winnipesaukee".

But the black flag of Anarchy on Lake Winnipesaukee indicates the banditry that characterizes a noisy, recent, and present danger to peaceable boaters and other lake users—but especially Winter Harbor's calmer shores.

New Hampshire has been designated "louder" by the New Hampshire Legislature. Is that the "right direction" to protect the hearing of youngsters?
http://francestown.us/nhnoise.php

Because of the gloomy weather, other boats had their nav-lights on.

If you're towing a skier behind 150' tow-rope at 60-70 MPH, you should make yourself as visible as possible, IMHO. In spite of the extra carrying weight—and although "the driver" could sense the fall of a skier—one should also carry an observer!

Remember that Winter Harbor's "dagger" shape resembles another narrow Lake—made infamous and deadly by an Ocean-Racer. Except in New Hampshire, you have to stay away from Winter Harbor's shoreline, docks, boats, and floats by 150'.

But only one Winter Harbor shoreline is usually calm enough for SUPs, canoes, kayaks, inflatables and water skiers. A tow-rope 150-feet long is an "incident" waiting to happen—though that length might be "totally legal" according to Woodsy.

No thanks.

I don't drink and go boating.

"Decide before you drive".

No Thanks. I have my own boat, and don't normally wave unless—or until—the other boat is a legal 150-feet+ away.

•​ ​Now who was it that said the noise limits haven't been changed?

•​ Who was it that said Ocean-Racers aren't a cult?

Too much time on your hands= bad sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: