View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #54
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Does anyone remember when we'd just go out in the boat and run around, possibly to visit friends, possibly to travel nowhere in particular? Just to be on the water, with whomever was there, or no one at all.

What's lacking today is not common interests. Not agreement, we'll never have more or less of that. What's lacking is character, honesty, humanity. LS really does have a point, several in fact. I live next door to someone that couldn't ever possibly be happy, ever. "Nothing's Right" is his favorite saying. Life's too short to live like that IMO.

You just keep enjoying yourself and do what you do LS.
Steve, you get the point I am trying to make. I am all for fair use of the lake.

I seriously want the Hp debate to go into a bill. It think it will stir up a hornets nest way more than people bargain for and open up a lot of debate on many of the regulations on the lake. I BEG someone to bring it forward.

My wife and I are already looking for alternatives to Winni now that we're empty nesters. For what we pay for using the boat on the lake we certainly don't feel like we're getting what we paid for.

When you ban people from being within 25 ft of each other with their boats at the biggest sandbars on the largest lake in the State, it shows how ridiculus we've become as a society. My BIL have explored the rafting law and there is some constitutional questions that come up. Given the time and energy to wage such a battle we've tabled it, for now. States hate being questioned on their authority.

I think this song is appropriate for what Winni has become.
http://youtu.be/gl347DRnW-g
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: