View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #17
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Stopped in at AJ's today and asked him what was "hot" for trolling...he recommended several colors of a certain lure he had hanging behind the counter (don't know the name of them) so I bought one of each and I'm going to try some trolling in the early AM tomorrow.
Supposed to be nice with low wind, although in the old days my Dad used to say a little wind chop was good for salmon...but perhaps that is in the Spring when they are on top?
Orange on copper, bb guns or top guns.

My best lure last weekend was a copper bb gun with grey and a blaze orange top edge and a orange eye... named- grey ghost?

Second best was copper, with same orange highlight with yellow and green spots... named - bikini?

Trolling at 2ish mph hitting underwater humps from 100+ feet up to the mid 30's. Bulk of the fish were suspended on the banks coming up to or down the back side of the humps.

Had about 9 colors of lead core out with a 100 foot 6lb floro leader. That said didn't get into any big ones. 2 medium salmon, 1 small bow and 3 small lakers and a trash fish (bass).

I'll be out tomorrow morning as well, once a couple hours past sunrise has passed action is dead.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote