View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #9
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleman View Post
That was my question, How do you like fishing out of your Eastern. I'm kind of looking for a new boat but I was concerned about the sides being low. I also have an E120, fishhawk, 4 electric big jons, 2 electric sideplanners, and auto pilot for the main and kicker engine. The autopilot for the kicker engine is the best thing on the boat. When I fish along I don't have to worry about driving I can concentrate on fishing. I may put mine in this weekend or wait until next.
Tackleman,

I apologize for not responding earlier but just saw your post today.

I love fishing out of the Eastern! It makes a wonderful platform to fish from. Trolls very well when it's windy and choppy. The pilot house offers great protection from the cold wind and rain. The cuddly cabin is a great place to store gear when not in use also.

Currently I'm running two Digi troll 10's mounted in Berts Track on the gunwale on each side of the stern, two jig pods gimbal mounted on each side, two planer reels mounted at the rear top on each side of the pilot house with the pulley at the top front of the pilot house to allow for extra room. All my rod holders are also track mounted for quick and easy removal.

I utilize a panther wireless steering unit on my kicker as I fish alone a lot. This allows me to reel in or out, land / net fish and still control the boat easily via a steering key fob which I wear around my neck. It really works nicely!!

I very much enjoy fishing out of this boat!!

Good luck in your search!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 06-07-2015 at 10:49 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote