View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #71
Begonezvous

Default Another zinger from the government

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The 40% excise tax on so-called cadillac health coverage ($10,200 individual, $27,500 family) goes into effect on January 1, 2018, about four years away ........ and President Obama's second term ends on January 20, 2017 ...... so only time will tell how it unfolds with this new 40% excise tax on luxurious, high-powered health plans like the one here at www.meredithnh.org (click on Employee Resource Center)????
Although the limits on Cadillac plans are indexed to inflation, I am sure the index will not keep up with the actual medical inflation index over time. So as the cost of health care continues to rise, we will all eventually have Cadillac plans and we will all be paying taxes on the value of these plans. My negative view of our elected leaders tells me that this was their evil master plan from the beginning.
This is the same thing that happened with the Alternative Minimum Tax. This was originally intended to tax 60 or so millionaires in the 1960s; it now impacts millions of middle class taxpayers who apparently do not pay enough taxes already.
Sorry for the political commentary, I couldn't help myself!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Begonezvous For This Useful Post: