Thread: ForumFest II
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
webmaster

Thanked 3,727 Times in 824 Posts
Thumbs up fixed typo

I was happy I could be there and meet so many of you on such a gorgeous day. There were some surprises when I was finally able to put faces to the aliases and not everyone was what I expected. It was especially nice to finally meet charter members like Al, Skipper of the Sea Que and even Bizer made an appearance.

The after party at Garwoods was also fun and allowed us to meet Merrymeeting and his family, who were late arrivals because of another obligation.

Even the end of the evening was special as I watched several of your boats move away into the moonlight as you departed the docks. It would have been quite a picture, if I had only had my camera.

The number of forum members that I have now met has really grown this year. Every time I have lunch at Waldo Peppers I seem to meet several more.

Thanks to everyone who took time to attend and to those who organized and contributed to the fundraiser for Katrina hurricane relief. I really enjoyed spending time with all of you.

I've created a new category on PhotoPost for the 2005 ForumFest pictures. Please post your pictures there.

Don

Last edited by webmaster; 09-11-2005 at 08:38 PM.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote