Thread: Hey rocks!!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #26
WJT2

Smile News

Unfortunately some people do not pay attention when piloting a boat. The Lake is very tricky and being aware of the direction you are traveling is a must. The buoys Do Make Sense if you take the time to understand which way you should go. First you need to know your course North, South, East, West.(get a compass). The markers Black Top Spar: you pass NORTH of it when your course is East/West. you pass EAST of it when your course is North/South. Red Top Spars: you pass SOUTH of it when your course is East/West. you pass WEST of it when your course is North/South. I have a few tricks to help me remember. NEWS: BLACK is alphabetically before RED. BLACK you go NORTH or EAST.
RED you go WEST or SOUTH. Hence NEWS. Also it is always hot (Red) in the South and West, and it is Cold (Black) in the North and East. I am old school and don't have electronic navs available to me. Buy a CHART and study it. It will be your friend and understanding will be easier. Good Luck ALL and don't forget to be aware of the NEWS!!
WJT2 is offline   Reply With Quote