Thread: Hey rocks!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 05:59 PM   #25
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofnaud View Post
Anything with a very small draft would be less succeptible. Jet boats more so as all the naughty bits are internal and they do not weigh as much and the weight is fairly midship. Not tail dragging at low speed.

Fwiw: My tritoon when not on plane and with the trim up a tad is only about 1.5ft, makes crawling through unknown areas a lot less stressful.
WOW, 18" is surprising. My Glastron 23" with Alpha drive was like 30" and our Caravelle with a Bravo 1 drive was 35", and I was surprised to find our Formula w/Bravo 3 is listed as having a 40" draft!

the difference between 18" of draft and 40" is HUGE.

I love our Formula out in the open water, but it worries me in a lot of spots. Took some friends by Ellacoya beach recently and forgot how quickly it gets really shallow there. You feel like you are way off shore, but then look at your depth gauge and it reads 3.5' and you realize you need to trim all the way up AND get out of there,,,

Dont miss getting beat to death in the old CVX 20 in open water, but some things were never a problem (like navigating the sandbars and the Wolfeboro and the Alton Bridges,,,)

Last edited by XCR-700; 08-12-2020 at 08:00 AM.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote