View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #95
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
As an islander, one has to be willing to accept the fact that there are different logistics involved with providing services to areas that are difficult to get to. While we all pay the same for using these services and for the fees necessary to maintain the infrastructure, expectations as to when restoration can be expected should consider where you are. Bottom line it is not up to the NHEC to come to everyone's rescue immediately following a storm, rather everyone should be adequately prepared for these situations. Having a generator is not a significant investment to run the basics and frankly was the first thing I did to my place assuming being on an island service restorations may be slow.

For the most part I think that the NHEC does a pretty good job at responding, and I don't think considering the damage to the infrastructure the response time has been inadequate.

FURTHERMORE keep in mind these guys have to abide by the ridiculous COVID19 restrictions which is slowing their progress. Makes it a little tough to get a job done when you're stuck having to play the social distancing, no large groups of people in one place and mask wearing game.

Think a little gratitude goes a long way for these line workers who are working 24X7 to restore power as quickly as they can.
Well said - thank you
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote