View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 03:36 PM   #93
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Been to the Common Man in Ashland a number of times and found their food to be very good and fairly priced...hardly a tourist trap. After reading your post and not having been there this year, I thought maybe they drastically increased prices in their menu recently but no I didn't find that. Here's their menu which I find quite in line or better than other non Common Man restaurants in the area...nothing stood out at all as being out of line price-wise.

https://www.thecman.com/wp-content/u...inner-Core.pdf

Magic Foods which is owned by local entrepreneur Scott Ouellette and Andy Juhasz, manage the best restaurants in the Lakes Region to include my favorite O's. I have never felt "fleeced" after dining there and I am certainly not a tourist. We have hired their catering service on a number of occasions and everything from service to quality of food has been stellar! They will be catering my upcoming "island party" and I expect it to be as always an outstanding experience!!

If your bashing all these fine establishments because of a couple of over priced hot dogs you bought at the town docks, that's simply not fair...

Dan
Actually I am not bashing them over just the Hot Dogs, I have had a number of experiences with both entities.

Scott 0 himself soured me on his establishments, I spent a great deal of time discussing specific instances that I ran into at the canoe with him... None of the issue had to do with how good or not the food was I found it enjoyable... I do actually applaud him for being willing to discuss maters, and found him to be a stand up business man.... At the end of the day, he and I have different views on what a restaurant experience should be like, and what fair market pricing is. I can tell you that for the cut of meat he serves he is over charging... I spent many years working in a butcher shop.... Many restaurants serve better quality meat at better prices... At the end of the day, we listen to each other, had a good conversation and realized we wouldn't see eye to eye.....

As for the common man, unlike Scott 0's establishments, I have had many bad meals at there various establishments. Some of there meals are inline pricing wise but others like the hot dogs, are not... I have had both bad and good service in their establishments.... and I also believe they took advantage of the State of New Hampshire, and have been allowed to claim exclusivity in the rest areas, and are doing exactly as I expected they would slowly driving up the prices, at those roadside venues, up to and including at the gas pumps.

Bottom line is the 20 dollar Hot Dog experience, just finally woke me up. IT is not only these two establishments, they just happen to be the two in the relevant area of discussion. Just because I have chosen to take my money else where doesn't mean anyone else needs to.... I just want to open peoples eyes to the fact that these restaurateurs, have taken the step to become larger entities driven by profit and margins, some make it some don't... Ultimately, I believe that Magic Foods will continue to prosper, as I have seen Scott 0, take a vested interested when people make complaints. The Common Man I think at some point, is going to need to decided how they really want to focus themselves......