View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
Belmont Resident

Default None perishables only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
Although it was inevitable, I'm not looking forward to a supercenter there. Last summer I compared grocery prices between the supercenter in Rochester and other alternatives. I found that some well-hyped items were in fact cheaper, but the staples (milk, butter, eggs) were all significantly more expensive. At the time, a gallon of milk was $1 more expensive for example. Between the questionable 'value' on their prices, and their frightening volume of imported goods (both in the grocery and in the rest of the store) I stick to other venues.
Although I do shopped there, I would NEVER consider buying perishable items from a Walmart store. Chips, flavored water even beer but thats it. I wouldn't even consider bread items from there.
Besides there is a JJ Nissin store on 140 in Tilton where you can stock up on all of your bread needs at far less than any of the food stores. And it's all first quality, not day or 2 day old stuff like many other discount places sell.

While on the subject of cheap, has anyone else that has shopped at Cheapo Depot noticed his pricing has gone up so much that he is in some instances more expensive than at the local stores? I asked the owner about it and his reply was, well if you don't like it there are always other places you can go.
I used to buy ALL my bleach there for my business, but for the cost savings it is no longer worth driving out of my way. And many of the granola items have been pretty stale.