View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #34
ApS

Arrow Fakery—Through Omission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsGuard View Post
I lived on Pitchwood Island the summer of '77 while Life guarding at the Weirs. I would give a sample of the water we pulled from just off the island to the State guys testing the Weirs Beach water. The results were always clean. In fact, one of the guys told me the water was cleaner than the Boston area's drinking water. Take it for what it's worth.
The 70s was the start of a lake wide building-boom that featured what we later called "McMansions", with the attendant removal of trees. Most were selected for lumber, trees that had been shedding pine needles to hold the soil.

Some McMansions are just disguised B&Bs, luring seasonal renters ignorant both of Lake Winnipesaukee's boating rules and its "Golden Pond" aura.

Fireworks "to celebrate Weekends" partially illustrate this ignorance.

As boats increase in size above 22-feet, wake action undermines the shoreline, sliding 100-foot trees to shoreline edges—while upright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Half of this statement is correct.
-Erosion is a fact. That's the correct part
-Erosion is caused by boats. That's the incorrect part. Erosion has several causes, including boats, wind, storms, and humans removing vegetation along shore lines.
What's incorrect is an improper quote. What was written by me—prior:

Quote:
Erosion is a fact, and the cause is Winnipesaukee's over-sized boats.