View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Just keep in mind, you're trying to hold off up to a billion volts of electricity with a little bit of electronics in a plastic box when it comes to "surge protectors".

You are right to look for a proper lightning remediation company if you have an ongoing problem. It may also be a sign of poor grounding overall in your electrical system, which is usually an easy fix.
Thanks BRK and all,

I actually had my electrician check my electrical system after the last strike he said everything looked good but he did install a surge protector in the breaker panel...funny thing is it never tripped and only one circuit breaker was tripped.

It seems the strikes are getting in through the either the internet cable line or satellite cable line as I had four large screen TVs get fried as well as my wireless router and modem. My security system and DVR also got fried, (not sure yet if the cameras are still good). My brand new custom built computer that is way smarter than me also got cooked. I also have a gate on my property about 100 yds from my house that's completely fried. Even my underground dog fence is cooked and it actually left a black mark on my white garage wall where it was plugged in! Everything was plugged into a surge protector (good ones supposedly, not just a power strip) and I did have the internet cable plugged screwed into a high end surge protector which I believe offer insurance if it fails.... we shall see!!

Dan