View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #36
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
I find it amazing that every time an accident happens there are those that immediately call for new rules....

It doesn't matter how many rules you add, accidents will happen! This event is a rarity... no need to go down the path of more rules & regulations.

Woodsy
As a general rule I agree, but in this case we are talking about more than the one accident, we are talking about a change in use that was not conceived of when the docks were built. At that time no one could have imagined 30'+ power boats would be fighting for space on those docks and that anyone would be using something like a paddle board in the same exact space at the same exact time. Its not a well considered plan. I suspect town tax dollars could be diverted from some pet project that only benefits the few insiders could be diverted to providing a safer location for the paddle boarders to launch, AND not some obscure place that they dont want to be. Meredith Bay looks like an almost perfect location to paddle board (as said by someone who has never been on one) BUT NOT in and directly around the boat docks. It looks frightening, especially with all the new and unskilled boaters I see struggling at the docks. I cringe to see paddle boarders in that space.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote