View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #35
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Thank you for confirming what I wrote in my original post.

In strait speech "review and prioritize safety laws" means eliminate the speed limit. A law is either on the books or it is not. What is the point of reviewing and prioritizing existing laws if they are not going to be altered? Spin, Spin, Spin!

Why do we need to review a law that took effect only this past January and failed to be modified only this past spring? Could it be that you are looking for any possible means to kill the speed limit? That's what I think.

If you really want to "put a halt" to this kind of scrutiny all you need to do is stop trying to "back door" eliminate the speed limit.
What a waste of time and resources. No hidden agenda?

What do these folks do down there in Concord?

Yes, we do need a congressional committee to review whether a boat needs a brass bell or not. Study it. Bring in a bunch of brass bells to the hearings. Ding them all. Check the decibal readings on all. Study the composition of brass bells versus steel bells. Set minimum size for all. Bring in the brass bell industry to testify. Bring in the brass bell lobbyists. Make a report. Publish the report.

Yes, yes, yes. Study all. We do need another study.

Can we get the names of the folks on this committee? I'd like to see the minutes of such committee posted some place.