View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #173
OCDACTIVE

Wow I step away for a little while and everyone comes online..

Lets see:

Dothemath: Yes please if I can take you up on the offer.. Whatever I can't get done in VA, perhaps you could give me a hand? That would be awesome. I also would love to do the work myself but I am timid to do anything because I do not have the experience. I have friends that work on cars and such but again I would prefer someone with marine experience. So if you are really up for it that would be GREAT! Also, I just can't wait to have my son at the wheel. Only good times to come! As far as jammin on the james.. Seriously, if you go once you will never stop. It has become a yearly family tradition. It is set up so well and the people are so helpful. Let me know if you need details for I am very good friends with the organizers (actually one of them is doing the rebuild)

BH: I seriously would love to head down that way. I have friends who are there... It will really all depend on when I go to get her next spring and if she has been tested. If she has been then I might just take you up on that. If not I may have to do the testing on the James river with the mechanic. But I will definately keep that in mind. I am sure we will have some good times next season regardless of where.

VTsteve: The 28 has incredible room. If you look at the AT its cockpit depth is about 1-2 feet greater then most any other brands. Reason being is its top goes as high up as the windshield on other different models so the bow is higher to begin with. This is why there is so much headroom on the A/T's. Not to mention the extreme Deep hull. This allows for it to crush waves like a 30 ft (insert other brand here) . Like I said whenever you want to check her out I am up for it! Just ask Kracken, he's seen her in person.

APS: you mentioned this thread in a different thread but to bring the conversation back to the proper thread: again this was originally in the boating section, it was moved when the discussion went off on a tagent. I do not have the ability to move it back. It is fine here for this way the discussion, if it does get off subject again on SL (due to the type of boat I have) is fine. You can take off your law enforcement badge now.
As for my engine being abused. Please tell me where you got that data? I had a professional survey done and know the previous owners. They are maticulous with their servicing. So if you know now of why my engine (that you have never seen or have experience with) has issues please enlighten us all. That would be a wonderful talent that you should share with not only me but the world. A man able to diagnoss engine failure without running a test or seeing it.
As far as the polling goes, the compromise poll was the first poll made. Then it was argued "by supporters" that if we had a poll that was "one way or the other" that the result would be entirely different..... Well that didnt happen so now lets attack the poll???
As far as having my boat painted and fixed in VA, how do you know I didn't solicit people in the lakes region. Fact is I did and was told by many different marinas around the lake that they couldn't handle the job. Do you think I wanted to tow a boat 12 hours straight? taking time off work? risking damage to the boat on such a long tow? Think will you before you speak. If you also search my threads: I have asked if their was any specialized painters in the lakes region. Again there wasn't any that would fit the position.

Anyway, Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions on the new boat. This website just goes to show what people can accomplish and figure out if issues are brought to light. I really do appreciate all the help. Please keep the ideas coming.

cheers!!