View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #277
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I'm not trying to bully anyone, and certainly would not expect to be able to bully SP. I hope to persuade people to wear masks and also to illustrate the inconsistencies and inaccuracies in certain posts.

To answer your question about paraphrasing--Dickie wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again....the people who don't wear masks do so for one reason...."the damn government isn't going to tell me what to do".

To which SP replied along the lines of : "I'm a man not a sheep." By that he meant he's not going to let anybody (such as the government) tell him what to do. This would be paraphrasing half of Dickie's post, right?

But SP's a big boy and a forceful advocate for his position. I'm sure he'll let us know if I've misunderstood his use of "sheep"
I interpreted it my way - the government is not ‘telling’ me to wear one, it’s people such as those here that are saying do it or you don’t care or words to that effect. I’m not a sheep that will go along with that either, but by all means let him clarify his interpretation.