View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #53
mowtorman

Default Jumping Jack

Thanks to an older woman I was given the name of the ice cream place by the old Winnisquam bridge - the "Jumping Jack", and it was truly jumping with boat traffic, especially in the evening. It's fun to acknowledge the history of the sand bar and boat access ice cream places. Nothing is really new, it's all been done before going way back when the native americans had the place all to themselves. An observation after covering most of the lake last Saturday. Near Eagle Island, the channel, the Wolfeboro docks, boaters were violating the headway speed rule all over the place, in several instances with the marine patrol within a quarter mile in plain sight. I guess with such high volume you have to be selective about who you ticket. To the guy in the green Cobalt, yes your boat was bigger, newer, and nicer than mine, but you didn't need to race by about 30 feet to my right to beat me to Black Cat bridge. It's not a drawbridge though maybe your wife and kid were impressed. One other thought - how about enforcing the speed limit from June 1 to Sept. 15? That pretty much clears out the summer crowd. Happy motoring!
The Following User Says Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post: