View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #21
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
This thread makes me want to skate again! I got back on the ice a few years ago, but the ice time availability for overweight suburban dads is so late, I couldn't make it work with school. Games ran from 10-11, which meant I wasn't showered, settled down, and in bed until close to 1 most nights. I just can't run on 4 hours sleep anymore.

Dan, those look like some sweet skates. After ending my illustrious career with some intramural play at UML back in the 90's, I made the foolish decision to trade my Bauer Supreme 7000 Customs for skis...that never saw use. Easily in the top ten worst decisions I ever made.

Enjoy, buddy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

I remember those, they have a VERY stiff all composite boot but I am not sure if you were aware those were one of the first ones that you could have heat molded to your foot which greatly reduces if not nearly eliminates breakin. Those were in the day the top of the Bauer lineup.

These days most skates that are not in the typical cheapo box stores have a heat molded boot. The last pair of skates I bought were Mission's and when I bought them they did that for me. I figured that the first few times on the ice would be tough but they were comfy from day one. It's pretty amazing.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote