View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #9
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default A Little Humor

So here’s what I did....I really wanted to take my new CCM Super Tack AS3 to AC2717’s sharpening place. I was totally impressed by their web site and clientele as well as the recommendations from here and others I have asked about them...truly they are, by far the best around! I contacted them but unfortunately got no response.

I have two hours of ice rental time coming up next Friday so I had to do something now... I decided to take them (my skates) to Monkey Sports in Londonderry. When I got there I was asked what kind of sharpening I wanted....I said loudly “something that makes my fat ass look like Bobby Orr”!! A good chuckle was had by all! ����.... ****, I was serious!��

Anyway I asked for his recommendation,...he started saying something about this and that and blah blah blah and how 1/2” might be good...so I blindly said go for it. The kid honestly seemed to know what he way saying and doing. (I honestly have underwear older than this kid!) I told him, “look, I am getting back on the ice after 40 years, just make them sharp so I don’t kill myself”...so I went with whatever 1/2” means! No jokes from you perverts!

I then asked him if he remembered the Manchester Blackhawks / Monarchs and if he knew Willie Bibeau or Andy Prefontaine or Bert Metevier....(Come on you local old hockey people, these were superstar local hockey players back in the day!��) He asked me if I liked Lady Gaga....Again a good chuckle was had!

Anyway...My fat ass is going skating for the first time in almost 40 years next Friday in Laconia (is this Lake related...webmaster!��) I have all the gear to look like a fat Terry O’reily (remember him!) and can only hope I don’t break anything!

Wish me luck!

Dan

PS....my next humorous story will be about skate sizing and pain....

Last edited by ishoot308; 11-20-2020 at 09:35 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: