View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:34 AM   #16
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarider View Post
FYI--- Wolfeboro Club has posted on their trail conditions page that a part of the trail just before the Castle is closed "Per Landowner's Request" The club is working to resolve it, but I don't know if it has yet.

Power Lines Snack Shack to Castle (Corridor 26)Earlier season Closed just before Castle per land owner request, club is working to reslove.

More & More Trails being closed-- Is it worth registering in this state anymore?

Probably just do Maine next year, at least you can go somewhere without hitting a dead end!
I am not a snowmobiler any longer, but do have a short section of a trail going through my property to keep a section of the "D" trail open. Being upfront, I must say that those using the section of trail on my property do stay on the trail, but then again, if they do not, they would be wiping out the trees that line the trail.
What I do see, and hear, is the constant vroom vroom vroom of sleds going on and off the throttle, rather than maintaining a slower and steadier speed that doesn't create the moguls made by the tracks spewing out snow and creating these mounds. This to me is a disregard for the trails.
What I do see as I drive around the area are trails that are clearly marked "stay on trail" and many tracks that clearly show a disregard for these signs. Sleds that run up on hillsides and run over small shrubs and Blueberry bushes, run through fields adjacent to landowners residences, causing them to put up barriers to keep sleds away, etc..
Not sure that this is the reason for all land owners closing property to snowmobiling, but I would guess that it is in some, or perhaps many, cases.
Showing respect for land owners property would probably go a long way to keeping these trails open or having neighbor's to open their property up.
I hope that land owner disputes can be resolved. I hate to see snowmobilers leaving NH to go to ME or VT. The snowmobile clubs have a daunting task keeping these owners happy and on board.
In the meantime, enjoy your rides, Ultrarider. I hope you can continue to ride in NH.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app