View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
woodynh

Default It Was Fun

We went and anchored in Paugus for most of the day. It was great because there weren't many people. It was entertaining watching people trying to pull in and anchor.

Also a sea plane over there had landed and taken off 3 times while we were there. He took off one time directly into the wind. That was interesting. I can't believe he actually got it airborne. I told my wife he is going to have to shut down before he runs out of lake but he got out of the water. He appear to be a very good experienced pilot.

The ride home was awesome. My boat loves that chop (24 degree deadrise hull). Typically we rarely go over 30 but yesterday I was lovin it and had to run the speed limit when possible.

The biggest issue was seeing other boats and markers. I sure can see how it would be easy to have problems in that weather for a novice boater. We saw a 15 foot aluminum boat heading out of Weirs toward the broads and just looked at each other thinking why would you be that stupid. Also saw a 13 foot Whaler out there but was in a bay were the waves weren't bad.
woodynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links