Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #591
Phantom

I know I am going to catch a blistering set of posts after this but --

Now that we finally made it aboard, I cannot honestly see how the Dive will survive in the long run.

Do NOT get me wrong - it's a great novelty, I love it as an attraction (destination with guests) and my wife & I had a great time aboard for about an hour or so -- with Great staff too I want to point out!! I do hope the new owners prove me wrong as it is actually kinda cool -- However, I just don't see it enduring

But our season is so short. Within a weeks time, I doubt there are many who are going to want to wade in chilly/cold chest deep waters for a $15 drink. Listen to a DJ or participate in Karaoke from 6:00- 9:00pm

It would seem that her "sailing" speed & staff food/logistics prevents her from participating at other sandbars (Margate, Braun, Patrician, et al) which is understandable, yet a tragic flaw.

They are certainly doing well now - but - is that the "novelty" effect ?

We went mid last week & I was actually shocked at the number of boats anchored - given the week before Labor day when most MA schools start we tend to find the Lake generally quieter and in fairness to the dive I would estimate that perhaps 20ppl or so aboard the dive with us with a steady flow in and out.

Charters have been mentioned, but where will the Dive pick up / Drop off ? Certainly not at her home port dock ? and what will that cruise entail at her sailing speed ?

Should she venture off on an excursion -- before you sign up, take a look at her "Wheelhouse" ….. I was AGHAST -- considering the money invested & what they did on exterior appearances (kudo's)-- the owners should be embarrassed by the Wheelhouse ….. and CERTAINLY should have left the door shut while guests were aboard!

Okay -- swing away at me Â…Â….. just my honest opinion now having been aboard.
Attached Images