Thread: Summer Help
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #62
The Real BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBNeckguy View Post
True, not all people on public assistance are out to milk the system but there is a portion of the population that do just that and it costs those of us that have worked well in excess of 40 hours a week for years and have made many sacrifices such as missed school concerts, working on a holiday if needed, weekends as needed and generally whatever it takes to get ahead, a lot of $$$. I can’t blame any successful hard working individual for being suspicious when it comes to individuals requesting public assistance. Public assistance is something that defines us as a civilized nation but we need to guard against the abuses of the system so that it retains it’s integrity and original intention, a short term safety net, not a permanent lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Unfortunately there are individuals from all walks of life, economic and social strata that scam the system. From politicians to public safety to teachers to landscapers. Whether it be skimming tax dollars, cheating on overtime, or not reporting cash income, it is all the same. I guess we really need to guard against scamming in all “systems” and not just focus on what we may feel are just give sways.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post: