View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 06:49 PM   #86
Mpowers203

Default B & Whine

I understand, the close knit, melting pot (perfect example of locals interacting with tourists in a cohesive way) that was the Pine Cone isn’t coming back. I don’t intend for the Pine Cone to come back, I don’t.

Tuftonboro was one of the last cozy corners on Winnipesaukee, one of the last to fall to developers from down south.

The man who bought the property and leased it to Patti has a history of transforming blue collar areas, gentrification, etc…

http://winthroptranscript.com/2014/0...s-development/

Bob’s vision will push out the people we treasure in this area and invite the people we most despise in this area. Long gone are the summer breaks where traffic calms down and subsides. Massachusetts is moving north, rapidly. I’m from there, but came to this region 20 something years ago specifically because NH is the antithesis of MA. It’s quiet and polite, the exact opposite of MA. I visit my family back in North Reading, Tewksbury, Burlington and can’t wait to get home.

Now that all that is out of the way, Patti and her motives were given this opportunity under the guise of establishing Tuftonboro as the new Winthrop, MA. Local employees quitting one by one, local patrons abandoning the BWhine once they realized that Patti isn’t here to create an eatery for all.

A customer of mine (founder of Stoneyfield) recently went there with his family and was treated with so much disrespect, they all left. Apparently, they tried to seat themselves in an empty restaurant and got the finger wave. God forbid.

Dave and Sheila didn’t make the best food, but they understood the culture and community, Patti’s betting on Bob and this area becoming the next Winthrop, and I will never support that…..no matter what the food tastes like. She’s made her stance on who she wants coming to her establishment. The difference is, the Pine Cone had all people from all walks of life enjoying Tuftonboro together, whereas the BWhine doesn’t.

{Private voicemail removed}

I’ve also outed several of BW’s successful reviews as bots and they’ve been removed from google/yelp/yahoo. Ask around, but she’s “not on social media” ��

Last edited by Mpowers203; 12-07-2022 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Added content
Mpowers203 is offline   Reply With Quote