View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 06:33 AM   #77
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I’ve resolved the issue with starting and stopping the PW.
Long story short, the gas tank was full of CRUD, and lots of it !

Originally, I thought it was bad gas, but drained all of it and added fresh gas, but made no difference, it was definitely the tank.

I removed the tank completely, rinsed with apple cider vinegar, just to eliminate any gas, then drained. I then took about 2 handfuls of gravel into the tank, and shook the hell out of the tank for a couple minutes. Then emptied the gravel, rinsed out with apple vinegar again, and drained. WOW, you wouldn’t have believed the crud, rust and crap that came out of the bottom and sides of tank.

I then added fresh vinegar and left in tank for a few hours, then drained one last time. The inside of the tank is 100% better now, and actually see shiny metal, but not entirely. Flushed out all gas lines with carb cleaner.

Reconnected gas tank, and PW started right away, and stayed running. OMG has this been a learning experience !

This ethanol gas is really bad stuff, think of all the engine issues, this type gas has caused which can be eliminated by using Non-E gas. Seriously, it should be outlawed.

Hope this Thread has helped other folks…….
So if I understand it correctly, you have a pressure washer with a metal gas tank that was full of some substance that clogging the fuel system end to end, and you were able to clean it out with Apple Cider Vinegar and rocks!

Well I have to admit thats a fix I have never heard of before and that will live in infamy! Thats like something right out of MacGyver (the original, no idea about the new one never seen it,,,)

As for the substance, were able to ID it or its origin???

Likely it is not from alcohol in the gas impacting your pressure washer fuel system, as if you have a metal fuel tank then I suspect it came from outside. And if thats the case you should look carefully at your gas jug to see if it is deteriorating and or if it got contaminated from some other source. But in either case you dont want to go through this again so make sure your fuel source is clean before refueling the pressure washer!

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote