View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #23
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Yes that is the one I have….but it’s only $161.00 at Amazon
With Amazon purchases, makes sure the seller is an authorized retailer (= approved by the manufacturer) and the manufacturer will honor the warranty. EGO, for example, will not honor the warranty for unauthorized Amazon sellers. Much better to buy it from a local approved seller even if it costs a bit more. A local seller might also be able to help you with a warranty claim. Plus local sellers have the discretion to just give you a new tool rather than making you go through the warranty process. That might be more likely with a large retailer like Lowes that can afford that kind of generosity.

As John pointed out in another thread and alludes to above, if you're new to battery-powered tools you have to look ahead at your future needs and make sure the selected manufacturer has the tools you will need and they have good reviews. This takes a lot of research. With EGO I got as far as feeling confident about their lawnmowers, snowblowers, and string trimmers. I ran out of time to research their chainsaws etc.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote