View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 08:21 AM   #37
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
$84 before tip, right?
Definitely a much different experience than the PC, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Let's hope others do as well—though it no longer sounds like a place I'll be visiting, I'm always rooting for mom-and-pops to thrive.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
Menu is now online at https://www.facebook.com/birchandvine.nh/menu

Its not a place I would regularly visit even if it were on the Walmart side.

Looks like it could be good for a special event/anniversary/etc meal, but its not in my price range for a regular pit stop. But I'm a working guy with 2 kids I'm still supporting for a while and not really a connoisseur of fine dining, so I guess Ill more likely be found at the Dockside/Sawyers/Pops/Gringos/Shibleys at the pier ;-)

That said, in season Im sure there are plenty of folks that wouldn't blink an eye at these prices, they are certainly not off the charts, just a tad more than I tend to do. Off season might be a bit slower, but again the area is evolving and I see lots of really expensive cars and boats and I suspect there will be enough business to keep them going.

Clearly the area is changing and this is but one of the tell tail signs of whats to come. There is no going back to the days of the past, where you got a good breakfast at Johns in Alton for really short money, or a blowout buffet at B-Mays for a very reasonable price, and something right in the middle at the Wolfeboro Inn Tarvern. Just watch all the private jets coming in and out of the Laconia airport and you will see the money pouring into the area. Its fun to sit at Sawyers and try to imagine what its like to have that kind of money, but still be able to enjoy your basic burger and coffee frappe at the picnic tables and know you were able to pay that bill and not worry about it ;-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: