View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 09:28 AM   #42
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post

What jobs start at 6 (assuming a wake time of 5)? Among the earliest of careers, construction, can't even start until 7.

I'm up the earliest of ALL my friends at 5 and not a one besides my teacher and construction friends is at work before 8.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There are a lot of jobs that are not 9 to 5. Police Officer, Firefighter, truck driver, nurse, factory shift work, news reporter, Etc. The list is endless. Go out on the interstate any morning at 4 or 5 AM. Look at the traffic. These people are not all going on vacation.

I drove trucks over one million miles when I was in my 20's and 30's and worked between 58 and 60 hours per week at that job. Most start times were between 4 AM and 6 AM. If you had a later start time you felt like you were sleeping in. I had a second job on weekends.

When I was in school, from the 7th grade on, I had a morning paper route that I had to deliver before I showered and went to school. In 7th grade due to a school building project we had double sessions and the school day started at 7 AM.

Some people don't know how good they have it and their parents are doing them no favors by allowing them to be lazy. Much of the published information is written by people who never lived in the real world, they just went to college, got a bunch of degrees, and then made a career out of writing papers on how other people should live their lives.

It has been said that 70% of all psychiatrists are under the treatment of other psychiatrists. Sometimes too much time in school can be a bad thing.

https://www.spiritualresearchfoundat...ental-illness/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: