View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Wife just called me. She is home, having to listen to the cats screams of discontent. She is none too happy about not being let out. Makes me laugh, but it also makes me realize that she is an outdoor cat, and it may not be possible to keep her indoors easily. We will do the best we can.

Thanks all for the great suggestions. And Argie's Wife, I love that dog/cat diary.
Chip - let her out. Yes, eventually you MIGHT break her of wanting to go out but it'll be tough till then. I have a cat (My sons?????) in the same situation. Ours has also left for days at a time then came strolling into the yard like it's nobodys business! If you talk with other people I believe you'll find that cats will do this. Mine was going to the door whining and also began pulling up carpet from around the walls (VERY annoying.) It's tough once they've got a taste of the outdoors. The way I look at it why keep them indoors miserable if they don't want to be. Far as predators that's always a possibility but cats are sharper than we give them credit.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote