View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #482
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwu View Post
I believe some are missing the true point here..fact is, it is a he said she said. No witnesses except Mr. Bird and Ms Harris. The fact is SHE couldn't identify him in the first trial! SHE stood and argued when told to leave! SHE was peeking in windows. SHE is a lunatic! SHE said, he said...that is what I see. Someone was trying to make points by bringing charges against him.
I believe the town has come together and realized a terrible injustice has happened, and through our voices we will be heard! FREE WARD BIRD!
The continued discussion of the trial aspects are moot, as the last sentence in the article says
"The thing that I hope everybody understands is that a pardon [of Bird] only excuses the punishment," said Luther. "The crime stands and it'll be on his record."
And given that, and the permanent loss of his living with guns, I think he should be released to serve out his sentence outside of the jail.
Again, all the discussion about "he said she said" is moot. The jury decision stands no matter how many "free ward bird" signatures or signs there are,

Last edited by Heaven; 01-15-2011 at 06:13 PM.