View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #424
Argie's Wife

Default So lie & stick your head in the sand? That's the answer?

Saying "yes" to a plea bargain is an admission of fault.

Bird felt he had NOT done anything wrong and to admit he had been wrong would have been, in his opinion, a lie. He shouldn't have had to lie to comply with the plea bargain. He's been open, honest, and cooperative with law enforcement and the courts, as far as I know from what I've read.

So, he's in jail for exercising his second amendment right and refusing to lie. Is that what's really going on here? I'm disgusted.

Bird did what he thought was the right thing to do. If I was in that position and felt I had done no wrong, I wouldn't take a hit either. Why should I have to plead guilty when I'm NOT? That's probably how Bird felt.

And FLL...

Quote:
Carrying a handgun for self protection in central New Hampshire is totally unneeded, in my opinion.
I live in a wonderful little town; I love Alton. But yet less than one mile from my house a woman, who I consider a friend, and who also serves on the town's board of selectmen, was assaulted in her own home one evening a couple of years ago. Her house isn't in the center of town, but she's hardly "in the sticks", as I'd consider it. The person who hurt my friend has never been caught and I've watched my friend go through quite a process dealing with this crime.

Yes, Virginia, there's crime in Central NH.

Just the incident with the Mt Vernon home invasion/murder/attempted murder should tell you that a rural community does not mean guaranteed safety!

After that incident, I don't consider ANY town in NH to be Mayberry RFD, if you catch my drift.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: