View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #423
fatlazyless

"Prosecutor Susan Boone said that between trials Bird was offered a plea deal for reckless conduct, which carried no jail time but probation - and loss of his right to possess a gun - for two years. Bird said he rejected it because he did nothing wrong. He was convicted by a jury on June 30, 2008."

That's a quote which grabbed my attention that was taken from the middle of a very recent Associated Press article titled: "NH Farmer is folk hero for gun rights advocates."

Hmmmm....saying no to a plea bargain that would avoid prison time like that is definitely not a decision that I would have made myself. Like, what is the great big deal about carrying a handgun that is concealed. First of all, a .45 Sig is not a small gun, it is a very large gun that is heavy and large in overall size. Carrying that thing all loaded up with heavy lead bullets must be something like walking around all day with an Estwing 22-oz framing hammer in your back pocket.

Carrying a handgun for self protection in central New Hampshire is totally unneeded, in my opinion.

And most importantly, saying no to the plea bargain like that was a very unusual decision. Like who would say no so they can keep their legal right to lug around a totally un-needed and very heavy handgun all day. Gee whiz...give me a break!

Is there anyone reading this that would have made the same decision to reject the plea bargain under the same circumstances as did Ward? His decision is very difficult to understand?