View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #406
fatlazyless

Default "...when one of these gun nuts..."

Here's a letter to the editor from today's January 7 Laconia Daily Sun that is very expressive, and I thought it would add another opinion to this thread. Agree or disagree with her sentiments, it's an interesting letter, don't you think!

"If Ward Bird is pardoned I'm going to buy a gun and learn to use it."

To the editor,

If Christine Harris had been armed with a hand gun and had she been quick enough on the draw, when Ward Bird pulled his gun and aimed it at her, she could have pulled her weapon out and been justified in shooting him dead. She would have been within her God-given rights to defend her life.

If Ward Bird obtains a pardon for this crime, I, as a 71 year old woman, am going to feel free to buy a hand gun, learn how to use it well, carry it upon my person at all time and when one of these gun-nuts aims a gun at me, then I will feel free to use it. Also, if someone comes on my property that I do not feel was invited, then I will feel that I have the right to pull a gun and order them from my property.

Is this really the kind of environment that we want here in New Hampshire? Ward Bird and his followers make me sick; they are a bunch of narcissistic, hot-headed individuals who feel that they own this state and get away with anything that they want to, And our crooked, it's who you know society allows them to continue to do just that.

Carolyn Pillsbury,
Meredith

From the Dept of Useful Information, we learn that New Hampshire has a population of 1,316,470 (2010 Census), 400 state representatives, and 24 state senators who represent us down at the State House in Concord. During the last election in November, I was a little surprised to see in the local newspapers where state senate candidate Jeanie Forrester was proud to show off her pink Glock 9mm semi-automatic pistol as a good reason for voters to support her. If I remember correct the Laconia Daily Sun had a color photo of Jeanie taking aim at an imaginary target with her pink Glock and she went on to become the newly elected state senator for the district that includes Meredith and Center Harbor.

So, how about that?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-07-2011 at 09:29 AM.