View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
tummyman

Woody,
I have not had a problem with Moultonborough on the expenditure side of the equation. For the most part, they do a pretty good job. Are there opportunities for some savings...Yes, but there are always things that can be done better in large organizations. I think the BOS recently did the correct thing concerning the Lion's Club property by stopping expenditures until some future committee does its work. We could be looking at all replacement positions and seeing if there is some way to absolutely get away with not replacing the person. It is an attrition game vs. a layoff game. Could the schools have done more by not replacing I believe the Asst. Principal position, probably. And this whole donor town thing is a real sham...and Betsy should be pounding the tables in Concord. On the grand scheme however, I'm relatively OK with how voters have managed the budgets. That said, the current assessments are where I am extremely upset. I am looking at the BOS to step up and make some changes in the assessment process rather than bringing out the rubber stamp. While I cannot vote for them, they are MY representative as well at the table. But I bet the whole team is dressed in their best defensive clothes.........
tummyman is online now   Reply With Quote