View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #13
daveschappell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
The Google doc lists MVYC which is a private condo association, but does not list places like Spinnaker Cove, Glendale YC or Gilford YC. None of these places are the same as a commercial marina. There is a great variation in facilities and services which affects sales prices, and, as noted by others, the rents are between private parties, not set rate per foot. Irwin Of Winnipesaukee, a related RE firm does offer some services, but I would not expect them to reveal or publish private information from their client services. WCYC is also a club, with a unique set of operating parameters. Harilla ? Paugus Bay Marina? Lakeport Landing?
Trying to summarize all the variables is a monumental task. Bravo for taking on the challenge.
I'll do the best I can -- so any specifics, phone numbers, etc would be appreciated. At the end of the day, it'll maybe be a useful tool for consumers looking for options, and also for owners of Slips/Docks, Valet, Moorings to know what the market rates are around the lake.

And I'm sure I missed marinas and other options -- I assembled this, as a starting point, by just searching Google Maps for 'marinas on Lake Winnipesaukee' -- so I'd be happy to add others, with info as good as I can get it.

PS I'm on the Board of Governors at WCYC, and figured I'd put this together so that I knew where our rates stood. We know that we're "below market", but our members also pay the sizable membership & annual fee to get access to that benefit. But still, we wanted to make sure that all of our water access methods are getting similar discounts to market rates.
daveschappell is offline   Reply With Quote