View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:43 AM   #42
ApS

Post Chiming in here...Once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
"...How many people that bought their houses knew what the situation was in front of their house when they bought it and are now trying to change it? Buy some mooring whips, get a mooring, that is what many people on my street have done. The last thing we need is more government regulation. Stop trying to change the lake. There was a reason why you bought on Winnipesaukee or moved here, isn't that reason still good enough...?"
Looking at our family's Winnipesaukee photographs taken before 1985 show scant boats in this area. That has certainly changed! Huge boat-lifts are becoming the norm, not moorings.

BTW: We moved here to be close to Wolfeboro's airport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
"...I've fought in the past to make sailboats take down their sails and be under power in headway only areas, and I'd do it again..."
On this same-exact subject, we're into the third page (and two threads): residents are "dissed" and there are eight negative references to cruisers—even sailboats have been added.

About 90% of the monohulls* and catamarans* in my area have no engines—and that's not including several windsurfers.
*Boaters who actually put the sails up to go boating.

Of Lake Winnipesaukee, how often have we heard:

Quote:
"This Lake is for Everybody"

How many times do we hear of "...no more government regulations...", when the same folks were calling for "Boater Certification"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
"...I...am a safe captain at any speed..."
Of this lake's captains, 50% "are above average".
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: