View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #33
NoRegrets

I would like to send a Great Big Thanks to all for sharing the forum threads on speed limits (until it got out of hand with the goading). There were many thoughtful and well written positions on all points of view. For those that thought it was too vicious - view the thread like being at a hockey game or a good car race. A few fights or accidents but in the end all have the lake as a common bond and the willingness to put the pen aside.

Thank you all for the hours of entertainment and thanks to Don for that!

It is distressing the politicians responsible for making the laws do not share the same passion that draws us to boating. The people that wish to reverse time to go back to a simpler life only cause pain because it is not possible! The streets, cities, suburbs, and nature are more crowded with 300 plus million and a growing population. One group can and should not be allowed to create a sanctuary for exclusive solitude of a public asset nor should the bully be able to “scare and intimidate” the average person away for their desired use. Common sense needs to play as others have pointed out in regards to location and size of watercraft used.

A few years ago when I was lurking and not contributing to the forum I did get concerned that my cruiser was looked upon as an enemy of the lake but now through forum participation I am confident that my rights to a share are as important as anyone’s. I am deeply grateful for the many of you that I have thanked through the thread over this past year. Keep up the good fight and I hope to meet many of you! Our boat is named “NoRegrets” so do introduce yourself to us. We will be taking our last cruise this coming weekend.

Happy Holidays to all.