View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:00 AM   #40
dt5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Completely false again. There are far more well placed arrows than not. Archers are a special breed that spend countless hours practicing and perfecting the shot just as a fly fisherman perfects his cast and perfect presentation of the fly as it hits the water. Archers are very passionate about the sport and likely no one feels worse about a crippled deer than an archer.
absolute truth. i've been bow hunting for more than 20 years, and i've killed a bunch of deer and turkeys with a bow. sure, i've made some poor shots. we all have. it happens. whether due to "buck fever" (nerves), improper form, hitting a branch/deflecting the arrow, or simply just making the decision to take a less than ideal shot. bad shots happen, for one reason or another. but more often than not, the shots taken by bow hunters are accurate and lethal. believe me when i say this, NO ONE wants the shot to be a good shot more than the hunter does. we take great pride in being the best that we can be. we practice and practice and practice some more to hone our skills so we can be the best, most accurate, lethal, conscientious, reasoning predator that we can be. and most of us take great pride in that.

and the belief that archery is an inhumane method of taking game is completely false. i've personally witnessed deer shot with a rifle go an awful long way after being shot through both lungs. close to a mile. on the flip side, i've seen them drop in their tracks. same with bow hunting, i've seen them drop on the spot and i've seen them go a long way. you would be absolutely amazed at how tough these critters can be and what they can survive. all the more reason to be as proficient and accurate as you can possibly be, regardless of the choice of weapon.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dt5150 For This Useful Post: