View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #41
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
A. I was not referring to anyone on this forum. I certainly am not talking to or about you. Not sure how you even stretch that far unless you believe yourself guilty of it.

B. I said "now the "it was BS told you so" people hopefully get their turn" meaning that I sure hope that some people get to crow that it was not that bad, over-hyped, etc because then less people will have died.

You never had an original question with me, but I will answer. Do I agree with all of the policy decisions made by Trump? No. Do I agree with some? Yes. Fingers are going to be pointed in many directions over the next few years, should be interesting.

We are never going to be prepared for everything, it is impossible. But we can be better prepared to react decisively and quickly. We can have general processes in place that can be adapted to an emergency situation of most any type. Easier said than done, and the bigger the organization, the more difficult the task.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but I am tired of all of the coulda, shoulda, would haves being slung all over the news, FB, and here on this forum.
I assumed you meant me because you posted directly below a post in which I was critical of Trump.

I agree on the difficulty of all this for the government.

One interesting thing though is that we both believe the past couple of weeks has made it obvious that we were right and the other side will have to concede it was wrong. I've put up a bunch of posts that assert it's become clear that the shutdown was right and/or that Trump believes in it. Your latest post seems to say it's now clear the shutdown was wrong.