View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
tom-sr230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle54 View Post
We have eaten at the Wolfetrap several times a year over the last decade, and we've seen phases of good food and sometimes mediocre touristy food. In our opinion, when Barbara was active in the kitchen the food was very good; seasons where hired help were active in the kitchen the food was not very good. We have been several times under the new ownership, and it has gotten better than ever. Particularly this summer they have seemed to hit their stride and the food is consistently very good, with excellent new entrees (eg: Fish Tacos have been a hit, including with all of our friends). Service is better with friendly attentive wait and bar staff. We ate there last night, as this is their final weekend of this season. My wife had an outstanding Lobster BLT, and I had a 1.5 lb lobster dinner. As this is their last weekend, we were pleasantly surprised to see lobster dinners were half-price (if anyone is inclined to visit them tonight or tomorrow). We are glad to see the Wolfetrap settling in as a new local option as one of a few consistently good places to eat.
so does this mean that the wolfetrap will be closed for the rest of the season?
i really like fish tacos so i would love to try them up there....
it looks like it may be rainy this labor day so i was planning on eating dinner at restaurants this long weekend instead of trying to grill under the porch..
tom-sr230 is offline   Reply With Quote