Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #29
hazelnut

Angry

I am shocked and saddened. I run a forum myself and I'd NEVER let stuff like this stay up for more than 15 seconds. This is nothing other than a direct personal attack. I can assure you many of Scott's friends are encouraging him to contact an attorney. After speaking with Scott he himself is downplaying it and has basically said it doesn't deserve one second of his attention. His thought was that smart people would see it for what it was. A satirical conversation between friends taken out of context by an individual that is scared of an organization that is actually doing great things for the lakes region.

melvin bay you are the worst kind of person. A sideline sitter that does nothing but defame and defile good people because you have nothing useful to say.

I don't even know why I care so much, Scott is a big boy and he can handle this himself. I am pissed off because this tactic is so disgusting. You are not the first person on that side of the argument to go personal, to use information garnered from this site or others and smear them. It has happened to me. We do not hide behind random screen names changed once a month. We have had the same screen names for 10+ years and have posted personal information, shared real experiences on the lake and DON lets that info get used against us. I've had to do the same in some arguments because I can't just wait around and see if Don would actually apply forum rules.

So this is probably one of my last posts ever because I'll be banned for criticizing Don. It was worth it to prove my point that this type of Forum behavior should not be allowed to go on any more. It strikes a chord with me because a few members were allowed to get away with it against me.

Nice work melvin bay, mission accomplished. You have tried to smear someones good name and you have pissed me off enough to call out the webmaster. Two birds with one stone, nice work.

What I don't understand is why is it that the long standing members that have contributed to thousands of discussions for 10+ years, that have PATRONIZED your sponsors and even donated $$$ to your site get ZERO respect and are subjected garbage spewed about them from new members with 2 posts under their belt?

I seriously think that this site needs tighter restrictions on new membership. Members that join just to flame a restaurant or a particular person in their first posts should be permanently banned. Who could argue with that?