View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 05:15 AM   #7
bilproject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
I am relatively certain that Weirs Beach explored something similar many years ago. It did not benefit the residents of "Weirs" to succeed from the City of Laconia so the idea never happened.

If I recall correctly it was centered around "services provided" such as having their own Police/Fire/Municipality etc.

800K does not buy much these days when you consider paying people year round for services provided for a seasonal community. Finding people to work seasonal for these same services and still be readily available might be equally tough.
True for Weirs Beach. We islanders have NO school children, roads, fire protection(one un-maned fire boat to keep fire from spreading), local police protection or other services since most are not Meredith residents. 800K a year would buy us a lot of parking lot dumpsters and docks.
I have been told that Littlefields offered the town some land on Lovejoy Sands road for additional parking and the town turned it down. There may have been some strings attached.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote