View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #230
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post

Can? Or can't? Maybe you haven't witnessed "The 12-hours of Sebring".
Really this is your example of WOT, Yeah no corners at Sebring for 12 hours.

Quote:
I've been a "continuing student" of auto racing schools and, until last year, have been instructing race car drivers since 1984. (Getting PAID to instruct AND go fast—WHEE!). Unfortunately, the Porsche GT3s were just added to the MY mix on the track, and their overtaking speeds have dissapated my previous enjoyment at the track. (My BMW, at 130-MPH, is no slouch, either).
At first I was thinking that your first comment above was based on little knowledge of the sport, then I read this and think to myself, do you actually use the rev-limiter while racing. As you know that any sustained contact with the limiter will make you engine go POP. By the way my wifes Saab will do 130mph+ as well, whats your point, as you know it is not about how fast the car can go, its how much speed the driver and car together, can handle around the entire circuit, we are not talking drag racing, here.

I am really confused, all that experience and these are your examples.

Quote:
1) If you were observant, you'd see I select that image for use at the boating threads—only. I expect to change it eventually, but I'm confused as to what's "silly" about it—is it the photo part—or the message part? The photo part, I see every day on the water.
If you look here, http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7586 you would know that this statement is not true at all and that is without looking hard APS.
And speaking of that picture, I wonder if you would take responsibility for causing an accident on the water? If your signaling device were to impair the vision of the operator to cause an incident with another boat other than yourself, or triggered an epileptic event in the operator or an occupant of that boat.

APS, why do your posts take hours to show up in these threads, it seems odd that after reading through these forums, the conversation shifts a little and then these posts just pop out up. This may be out of your control (connection, whatever), just did not know if you knew that was happening.

Last edited by jmen24; 11-03-2009 at 04:43 PM.