View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #222
Turtle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Don't get me going about kayakers/canoes and sunfishes on the Broads. I have lived on the Broads most of my life. In the past decade I have seen too many of these small crafts get in trouble along the Gilford shore. Especially when the wind is from the North.

As a good Samaritan, I would venture out and rescue these hapless folks. Only because I have a 'performance' boat capable enough to tackle the weather. Even the MP have trouble rescuing. if I call them, it takes a while for them to get there. I can imagine how many people would have drowned if my boat was 'outlawed' from the lake. I had many people thanks their lucky stars that there was a boat capable of fighting the weather.
Agreed, and there will of course be those who don't belong on the broads who do get in trouble, just like there are GFBL's who take different unnecessary risks. My point is that there are those who are capable (the sea kayakers for example) of handling the broads. I am seriously glad you are willing and able to do the occasional rescue, especially at 45 MPH or under.