View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #63
ApS

Smile Well, We Know It Wasn't pm203!

At exactly 10:20, on this eve of Labor Day Weekend, I was awakened by a loud, fast boat obviously exceeding the speed limit. A minute later, somehow unhappy with the existing "free expression of his ideas", he switched on his selective exhaust!

A few minutes of this, and he slowed to an idle, perhaps to "park" in the neighborhood of Camp Ossipee.

A minute later, he started gaining speed again when (unexpectedly to me in the darkness), the Marine Patrol stopped him with several widely-spaced electronic "beeps". The blue lights went on, and were still on at 11:19!

I called the MP's dispatcher, and she said she would "page the officer" regarding my "10-88" complaint of the selective exhaust.

There little else to report except that I could hear voices, a repeated cluncky mechanical sound like a boarding ladder might make, and that one of the flashers was missing part of its blue cover (making an occasional white light that flashed in synchrony with the blue lights).

***The officer "cleared" at 11:33PM. The sound upon departure was of twin outboards, so it was one of the MP's "RIBYs" that made the stop.

At 11:47, a deep rumble indicates that the offender is now departing, heading in the direction of Cow Island at about 25-MPH.

Let's see, now...where do I put this post?