View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #58
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Exactly...and as noted earlier, 100% of the residents on our road associaion(approx. 25 people) are in favor of SL/and donation to WinnFabs. Our state reps/senate are not dumb enough to swallow a poll conducted on this forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Poll whom you want, talk to whomever agrees with you...it won't change the fact that swimmers, sailors, lake front residents, kayakers, and many power boaters will be quite reluctant to give up the gains achieved over the last year. The speed limit has made Winnipesaukee a better, more tranquil lake to visit. The anti SL spin machine's propaganda about how the lake's region economy would go down the toilet never happened. Speed limits are here to stay and the real owners of the lake won't ever again let it be hijacked by a very loud minority of powerboaters.
Well, I hate to break it to you guys, but the shoreline residents are not the ONLY owners of the lake. I own just as much of it as you do, and I live 30 miles away. It is pretty obvious who the speed limit is catering to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
Blah, blah, blah. You guys sound like a bunch of whiny little girls. You have nothing. The speed limit is working so good that the people who worked for it are happy with its results and want it made permanent. It is working so good that the people it was aimed to reasonably limit are being reasonably limited by it and want it eliminated. Enough said.

Same here. I'm just playing too. I only give back the same to those who dish it out to me, assuming they should be able to take what they give.

Ok, so seriously; Do you guys have a theme song like Underdog? I think that would be pretty cool if you all rode around together in Thundercult costumes singing "There's no need to fear...Thundercult is here..."
You only post for one reason... to try to protect what you believe to be YOUR lake. It is just as much mine as it is yours.