View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 05:07 AM   #7
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
.... looking at the lighted windows of about 25 Governor Island homes from my down and out Walmart side of the lake, a mile or two away, is about one out of five homes ..... they be some super-sized, mega mega million dollar designer homes ..... their wealthy owners never know the simple reward for doing their own snow with a 24" snowblower, snow shovel and a roof rake and then hittn' the outdoor hot tub with a beer ..... too bad ... boo-hoo!

Probably, they be in Palm Beach, Florida ...... a town with no McDonald's!

Believe Governor's Island has community water and private septic systems? Some of the stay-overs play tennis at www.gilfordhills.com. and hire someone to do their snow.

The new tax rule with the ten thousand dollar federal deduction limit has initiated a lot of homes going up for sale, but no on wants to admit it. A deduction problem ...... what deduction problem ..... ain't got no deduction problem here ...... what's you talk'n about!!!!!
Every time I read one of your posts and see how hard you have it I'm tempted to start a GoFundme page for you. We can see it is a struggle to get by on the "poor" side of the lake but somehow you keep your head high and go on.
No one minds helping out someone who is truly needy : )
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote