View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #13
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Yes, it certainly would be a big challenging project to install my own crank-up dock ..... something I would not be doing.

My interest is the seasonal aluminum frame dock with the removable wood or pvc sections which by design makes it easier to remove or install as it weighs less, when removed in pieces like this. No crank-up involved, just a 30' x 5', three section, in relatively shallow 3-5' depth plus a 10' gangway down ramp.

Am looking for a dock store somewhere, where I can go window shopping, get a discontinued deal or something, load up the trailer, and drive it back to Meredith?

There's got to be a NH version, somewhere in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Rochester or somewhere that's a business with an outside yard full of docks, similar to the place in Naples, Maine? Naples seems to be about 90-minutes from Meredith, so maybe Naples is the place to go? Maine has their 5 1/2% sales tax, and it simply goes against my religion to be paying it ..... but, nevah say never! .... installing a Maine purchased and sales taxed dock into Lake Winnipesaukee seems very unusual?
These guys were at the boat show in Bedford this past spring. From what I looked at.... if you want an actual dock to tie a boat to you'd need to get their premium version which after everything is all said and done price wise is not that much cheaper than a crank up when looking at a standard 6' X 40'. Personally I don't like having metal/pipe posts. That said the heavy duty docks they had on display were well made and seemed pretty rugged. The synthetic decking is really nice.

If you opt for the feather light design, they are more or less something you put a chair on and not anything you can tie a boat to. I didn't even bother to ask about pricing on those because it's simply not a viable solution for a boat to be tied to unless it's dead calm.

Sorry to say FLL you get what you pay for. Far as them selling and installing docks in NH, they said they do it all the time.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote